• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

Oil Cooler For 2.0 Turbo?

Headling

HI guys, im looking into getting an oil cooler for my 2.0 8v turbo engine going in my 1.9. what type is best?

is a 13 row one ok?

any good suppliers to get one from?

where is a good place to fit it? i am using a 4wd cossie intercooler so space is at a premium.

I have seen the ones on rally designs website and they look fairly well priced.

Spiky

mocal

click my sig :)

though mine is 16 row and the bugest i could get

Headling

ok i'll have a read up! did you order it direct from them? did you get the hoses made up or where they off the shelf??

Headling

there are some oil coolers going cheap on the bay, is it a case of getting some hoses and sandwhich plate to fit? how long do i need them?

Spiky

buy he one on ebay from matt lewis, 13 row one, with oil stat and fitting kit and it's around 140 delviered

Headling

yes seen that one! seems a good deal to me! its £99.00, Saves alot of hassle etc. thanks for the help spiky! just read your track day 205 blog, good stuff!

Spiky
yes seen that one! seems a good deal to me! its £99.00, Saves alot of hassle etc. thanks for the help spiky! just read your track day 205 blog, good stuff!

it'll be more than 99 dude,

make sure you get the oil stat (it's like a thermostat for oil) else you might cool the oil to much and damage the engine

should be around 140 all in

Headling

ok thanks for the info dude!

Sign in to follow this