• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Master Cylinder

davev

hi, ive just been getting some rough prices for some parts and have got confused by the gsf site.

on the master cylinder it lists a 19mm and two 20.6mm, but next to one of the 20.6mm ones it says for "205 19mm" and is £10 cheeper. whats this all about? is it one or the other?

ill hopefuly be getting a master cylinder from peugeot at weekend and want to make sure i get the correct one.

cheers. dave.

pug_ham

The 205 GTi uses a 20.6mm mc so thats the one you need.

No idea why GSF have that odd listing though but I'd avoid it anyway.

Graham.

Jrod

Base model?

Guest smokinslim

The 19mm will be for base models. Wont one 20.6mm be for 1.6s and the other for 1.9s? one being a 3 port and the other a 4.

pug_ham
Wont one 20.6mm be for 1.6s and the other for 1.9s? one being a 3 port and the other a 4.

Its a possibiltiy but I'd be surprised, usually they supply four port ones which come with blanking plugs for the un-used ports.

Graham.

davev

ill be getting it from peugeot anyway, i was just mooching around and got totally confused by it. espically as my master cylinder has 19 casted on it(guess someone has put a base model one on) :)

davev

ive just been peugeot and was a little shocked to find they want 67.35+vat! :(

so i searched on here and found the peugeot service box site. according to that its the same price for the 23mm gti6 one and the 22mm xsi one.

so its got me thinking do i get a bigger master cylinder while im at it?

ive got the 266mm 306hdi/s16 calipers with braided hoses(running with a 19mm master cylinder, so alot of movement). do you reckon i should get the xsi one or standard gti one.

last bit is it recomended to get the pug one or will a cheeper gsf/ pugspares one do?

cheers. dave.

Phil H

I have a 307 HDi brake set up and use the 23mm 406 master cylinder. Feels good to me. I have taken off my normal 20mm master cylinder as the pedal tavel was a bit unnerving to my wife...

On a sidenote, if you want a known good 20mm master cylinder...I have one spare now.

welshpug

GSF list two, as the one is just a pattern part, the other a Bendix/bosch original Item, well worth the few quid extra IMO :)

did you know that the 205 shares the M/C with the Mk2 golf?

Sign in to follow this