• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil205

Rain Leaking Into Boot

Phil205

Hi,

The hatch on my 205 leaks like a sieve when it's raining (ok, I'm exagerating) so anything in the boot is likely to get wet.

I have tried to seal around the rubber gasket with silicone sealant, but it still leaks.

Anyone having the same troubles ?

Any suggestions as to where the water is getting in and how to stop the leak(s) ?

:)

flipperthebushkangaroo

there have been a few cases of this posted already, i have the same problem which i think is sorted ish now, does the water drain out of the boot lid when it is opened? if so it is probably where the washer jet is fitted i reseated mine and it seems fine now, still trying to be brave enough to take it out again and get some sealent on it!! have also seen posts about the rear screen seals leaking.

Good luck

Roddie

dani959

Had the same problem on mine, even after checking the lock, the washer jet and the hole for the trim. Water always found it's way inside the boot lid.

Turned out to be on the (original) spoiler fixings... A bit of silicone and bolting it back on again solved it!

TaffyTim

Also check the rear 3/4 window seals. My leak was mainly coming from here, sitting under the rear seats then finding its way into the boot. Many people told me to check this and i didnt see it (or believe it) at first and spent many weekends with a silicone gun attacking the boot.

joey

some of the places where water was getting into my booth were..

1. rear light clusters(rubber seals knackered

2)door lock

3. boot spoiler

4.rear windsreen(seals gone)

id recommend taking out the rear washer bottle so you can see down behind it. If it is damp down here, most likely coming in thru lights.

Also take off the plastic cover on the inside of the tailgate so you can see better.

best thing to do i think is to fold down the rear seats and actully get into the boot of your 205 witha flashliht and get an assistant to spray water on the boot and start at the lowest point i.e the door lock and work your way up, ruling things out as you go.

best of luck its a real pain in the arze :)

stick wit it though cos the altrnative is cutting out sections of the boot floor and welding in new pieces!!!! i speak from experience

butchlad

I'm on my 2nd 205 now, and both (obviously had / have leaks).

I know this won't be feasible for everyone, but I have found that taking all of the interior out (including the carpet) allows you to see exactly where all of the leaks are coming from. A day to strip out, test for leaks, and re-fit is doable. I have found that this eliminates any guesswork, wasted work and the purchase of not-needed parts.

Once the interior was stripped out a mate gave the car a good hosing with me inside, and I could then easily identify the leak locations.

The first car had a leaky rear window seal, a leaky aerial base, and the hose for the rear washer jet was not on properly, so leaked into the boot (realising this stopped me faffing with the boot seal or any where else).

I whipped the seats out of the 2nd car the other night, and am yet to start the investigation.

SAMSMITH

dads a ex pug master tech. they were actually given a half inch thick book on how to cure the leaks on a 309. 205 was the same but slightly less so good luck!! my drivers side footwell is often damp

Roman

i bet on rear window seal....

Sign in to follow this