• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Help, Maybe Me Being Thick.

yorkshirekowboy

hello peeps

right i have a question, do you have to take your radiator out when wanting to take off the inlet manifold off my 205, as with the studs sort of in, i cant get it the manifold off???

also im putting some used exhaust manifold studs into the front my block for the inlet; with the inlet manifold on the car already, and im having problems screwing the small thread of the stud into the block. Is there such thing as a tool that screws them in? also would it be worth while using a bolt instead of the studs?

thanks

danny

Ryan

If you take off the slam panel and front grill then there might be enough room to bend the rad forwards far enough to get the manifold off.

yorkshirekowboy
If you take off the slam panel and front grill then there might be enough room to bend the rad forwards far enough to get the manifold off.

hi thanks juts back form doing it, but its done, plus the studs ive done aswell, all i did was screwed the nut all the way down till the break in threads then hey presto, it screwed the stud into to the block. :)

have to say the studs were nice and tight, so didnt tighten them that much, they will tighten themselves when inlet manifold on the car.

thanks

ryan thou.

just thinking thou, is it worth putting that blue goo (sealant) on aswell? (gasket face onto the inlet face?) The inlet gasket i got was for the later plastic manifold, so i had to frabricate it to fit.

Edited by surferkid205

Sign in to follow this