• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Shaking My Nuts Off

driversdomainuk

Hi

Noticed that my Mi 205 was leaking a bit of oil after moving it for the first time in a month.

When I got it to my mates garage and we put it up on the ramp we noticed ALL the sump bolts were loose! From now on I will be checking the sump bolts after every hillclimb event.

Taking it up to 8000rpm on track combined with Grp N engine mounts is possibly the reason (as they were in very tight before)

Has anyone else had these problems on a competition use car, and is my reasoning about right..?

Cheers

Edited by driversdomainuk

ALEX

Not bad enough to make my sump leak but if you refit all the sump bolts with Loctite it should stop them from shaking loose.

wardy18

thats pretty mad, ill have to check mine when i take the engine out and i have one step worse with the engine mount as i have fitted a solid one so no ruber in sight, you can feel every vibration sat in the car!!

driversdomainuk
thats pretty mad, ill have to check mine when i take the engine out and i have one step worse with the engine mount as i have fitted a solid one so no ruber in sight, you can feel every vibration sat in the car!!

I think I am going to upgrade to a solid engine mount...seen some going on ebay

ashley peddle

are you totaly sure that they are ALL leaking? i had this and it turned ouit to be one bolt... the foward motion of the car pushed the oil to the sides so it looked like all were leaking. didnt realise till i jacked the car up and wiped away all the old oil and run it up to temp though ;)

large

I am running Grp N mounts not at 8000rpm :) but a rally is about 150 miles and i don't get this problem try some yellow or blue thred lock or if you never want to take the sump off again use red

driversdomainuk
are you totaly sure that they are ALL leaking? i had this and it turned ouit to be one bolt... the foward motion of the car pushed the oil to the sides so it looked like all were leaking. didnt realise till i jacked the car up and wiped away all the old oil and run it up to temp though :angry:

I am not sure if they were all leaking, but they were all loose

Sign in to follow this