• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Gti6 On Carbs

dean

hi is any one running 45 webers on a gti-6 engine if there are what power are you getting and is it worth doing it as ihave looked into supercharging and turboing my engine but is all a bit too much right now

danpug

I've seen a few with this conversion. There is somebody on here with this setup but i can't remember his name right now! Should produce plenty of grunt but i expect it'll drink fuel too.

dean

do you have any idea what power he is running with them

Alastairh

Not exactly the same. But Kate runs Puma bodies on standard GTI6 engine along with an emerald.

Dave mapped it a couple months ago and made 192 bhp. But behaves nicely every day, and returns good fuel economy because of the management.

Al

damien

i am/was running gsxr bodies on my gti6, i saw 221 bhp but i have cams, headwork, forged pistons/rods, kms management

bales

Isn't running carbs on a gti-6 a bit of a backwards step anyway given that they are on a coilpack as standard??

Matt Holley

Yes I am running twin dellortos on mine, it pulls well from low down and makes a great noise :lol:

It made 150bhp atw when set up which for a standard engine is good :)

I really like it, this is my second gti6 with carbs but this time I did it properly and used a dta ignition ecu :lol:

Matt Holley
Isn't running carbs on a gti-6 a bit of a backwards step anyway given that they are on a coilpack as standard??

So is mine :)

Sandy

Mapped ignition is important to getting the best out of it. I mapped Matt's and it wouldn't have been possible to give it the ignition cruve to make it as grunty and flexible as it is, with a mechanical distributor.

dean

yer im going to run them with standard ecu and get it remapped and have the ignition turned up 3 degrease what kind of power do you think i would get if i put cams in as well

welshpug
yer im going to run them with standard ecu and get it remapped and have the ignition turned up 3 degrease what kind of power do you think i would get if i put cams in as well

eh????

dean

it save putting it on a dizzy you can leave it on a mappable ignition

Sandy

Re-mapping the standard ECU will set you back about £500, a programmable ECU with mapping would cost about the same and would have easy re-mapping and secondhand value. I know which I would be doing!

dean

maybe it would cost that much if you dot no some one but as i no some one he will do it for about 130 so thats not to bad

Sign in to follow this