• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
carbers205

4-branch Benefits

carbers205

Just wondering what benefits are to be seen by fitting a 4-branch to a standard exhaust system.

The only reason I ask is that I cant really afford both a manifold AND better exhaust at the mo!

As I have have the head off at the mo it seemed to make sense to do the manifold now.

Andy

taffycrook

What engine?

If its a 8v its not going to improve matters much unless you are close to 160 BHP.

If its a valver then you may see some improvement, but it won't set ypu pants on fire.

Spend the money else where.

hodgy

my manifold quietend the exhaust as there was less exhaust pressure coming out the back.

like the man above said you wont see any gains unless you have a highly modded 8v

Chris H

I have a 105 bhp engine in my 205 rally car but with a green induction kit and a magnex maifold (std system) it makes 113bhp on the rollers where a good std 115 engine makes about 115bhp so i guess it must do a little bit even on a std engine

carbers205

Ah yeah, I missed the engine out! Lol. Its the xu10j2c (2.0 8v) which im just doing some porting work on, new 3 angle valves and seats, 1.9gti cam, new panel filter.

Not particularly high spec or indeed power but I'm just trying to get the air flowing in and out of the head more effectively.

projectpug

I say go for it you can always revert back if its not what your after.

brianthemagical

it will make a difference asyour affecting the pulse and ram tuning. dependant on the design it might be more power or more 'torque', with a loss in the other.

Sign in to follow this