• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Getting A Feed On Secound Turn Of Key

dean

hi i have a gti6 engine 205 i have had the wiring made up for the engine to go into my 205 but for some reason the engine is turning over on the secound turn of the key does any one no what will be making this happend cheers

pug_ham

The wiring to the starter solenoid wrong.

Has your wiring loom has done away with the brown multiplug associated with the later cars or wire 46 if its an earlier car than that & is using the 306 loom for the engine sensors etc?

Or you simply have crossed the wires to the starter solenoid & alternator signal wire when connecting them up.

Graham.

dean

so are you saying i may have put the alternater wire on to the starter and the starter onto to the alternater.

and also im useing the 306 loom for all the sensors and i have the brown muilty plugs under the dash

pug_ham
so are you saying i may have put the alternater wire on to the starter and the starter onto to the alternater.

and also im useing the 306 loom for all the sensors and i have the brown muilty plugs under the dash

Yes, the brown multiplug I mean is the one in the engine bay above the gearbox to engine join.

Graham.

Hilgie

You have swapped the switched live and starter motor wires.

jackherer

Some 205s come from the factory with those two wires swapped over on the two brown multiplugs under the dash.

dean

ok which ones are they so i can switch them back right

jackherer
ok which ones are they so i can switch them back right

Pin 9 on the larger plug and pin 6 on the smaller plug are sometimes inverted. Pin 9 should be wire no. 2 (switched +) and pin 6 should be wire no. 46 (starter solenoid).

dean

ok cheers i will give ita go

ants1974
Pin 9 on the larger plug and pin 6 on the smaller plug are sometimes inverted. Pin 9 should be wire no. 2 (switched +) and pin 6 should be wire no. 46 (starter solenoid).

Cheers, fixed my problem.

Alastairh

Thats my bet.

Just like if you plugged in a 90 8 valve jetronic loom into a 93 1900 car, it would come on second click :excl:

Al

jackherer
Thats my bet.

Just like if you plugged in a 90 8 valve jetronic loom into a 93 1900 car, it would come on second click :excl:

Al

I've seen pins 9 and 6 inverted on cars earlier than '93. As usual with Peugeot its hit and miss when they made changes.

Alastairh
I've seen pins 9 and 6 inverted on cars earlier than '93. As usual with Peugeot its hit and miss when they made changes.

Yeah, your probably right. But i've only experienced it twice on a 92 + 93 car.

Certainly something to keep in the back of your mind if your doing an engine conversion/swap on a car around that age :excl:

Al

yorkshirekowboy
Cheers, fixed my problem.

ive just had the same problem, so what i have done have connected pin6 to switch pos (wire2) and pin 9 to wire 46. i had them the other way round but as soon as the key was turned onto second turn it would try ans start. also i have a thinner saying 46r on it...what the hell is that?

Sign in to follow this