• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DirtyFlare

Is This The Gearbox Oil Filler?

DirtyFlare

Is this the gearbox oil filler? (circled in the pics below)

gearbox_oil_filller2.jpg

gearbox_oil_filller.jpg

welshpug

sort of, its a breather, through which you can top up the oil.

you will still need to remove the level plug on the end of the gearbox to get the level correct.

readyfc

When I had to replace the gearbox oil on my 1.9 I couldn't find the filler (the workshop manual is a bit vague about its location) so I just poured the oil in through the level hole using a bit of pipe until it started overflowing and it seemed to worked fine.

Joe

McPikie

Put full left hand lock on, see the side of the box, there is a 19mm bolt which will be nigh on impossible to get an impact wrench on, that's the filler

Emmy Seize
Put full left hand lock on, see the side of the box, there is a 19mm bolt which will be nigh on impossible to get an impact wrench on, that's the filler

Well this might be due to the fact that you are not supposed to do this sort of work with an impact wrench. :(

McPikie
Well this might be due to the fact that you are not supposed to do this sort of work with an impact wrench. :(

:wacko:

I do apologise

DirtyFlare

thanx for the replies guys, when i get round to doing this i will make sure i post a pic of it up for future reference for overs

:D

Sign in to follow this