• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mad_dome

Whats Best For My 1.9 205

mad_dome

can anybody help me with my 205? basicly i am woundering wot is best to do to my 205 in terms of performance? ie cams,twin webbers,etc

boldy205

to get any good gains you will need either carbs(prob 40s) or throttle bodies to get thge most froma lairy cam. Head work too will help. Have you concidered a MI16 swap? 170BHPish (when on carbs. 160 standard)and can work out cheaper than trying to get 160 od brake from a 8v.

Baz

I'me sure the question has been covered many times before, if you try a search in this topic, i'm sure you'll uncover lots of useful info! :wacko:

mad_dome

this is the thing i dont wont to do engine conversion. and my 1.9 gti is beating an mi16 0-60 witch i no sounds like a load of bollocks but its true. im doing 0-60 in 7.0 bang on thats useing a gps racelogic performance box. when u say head work wot do u mean?

Baz

Self explanitory, 'head work', work on the head! Read the topics in this section.

Head work, porting, polishing, bigger valves, angled seats, uprated camshafts, lightened and balanced bottom end (crank, flywheel, clutch assembly etc) forged pistons, new liners, rods, uprated bolts, carburettors, throttle bodies, aftermarket management systems, you name it, it can be done.

It all depends on your budget really, but then when you spend that much you may soon realise that you're better off going for a better engine, turbo/16v etc, unless you compete in a libre that requires your 8v to stay. It's all been covered before, lots of useful info on here at ypour fingertips!

bales

Turbo it!! then you can have a dump valve! :wacko:

Then you will be able to beat everything!

brianthemagical
Turbo it!! then you can have a dump valve!

Then you will be able to beat everything!

not my car, it's got an ecotek.

sonofsam

lol^

Turbos ARE the way forward!

mad_dome

there is a 20l 8v turbo going on ebay at the mo i was thinking about buying it wot u rekon?

brianthemagical

if i were you i'd try and find out what your engine is like before you buy another one, if your car can do 7s then it's probs got some money in it and adding something like bodies would be better.

mad_dome

I have been thinking about carbs on it do u no anybody who has some for sale?

danpug

Theres always some on ebay, manifold shouldn't be hard to get hold of either. They are thirsty though! If you have the cash you are better off going for bodies but this is more expensive as you will also need aftermarket engine management.

number2301

Bike carbs are a popular mod now, due to them being so cheap especially when compared to Webbers!

Alastairh
lol^

Turbos ARE the way forward!

TOO right. Its the sound :)B):)

I swear when mine was on full chat, id prefered the sound to tb's... ;)

Depends what you use the car for, budget, miles etc.

Im not a fan of carbs. there was a thread 2 weeks ago when someone else was in a similar situation wanting to use carbs as every day, and kinda didn't make sense to me...

Miles

I;ve yet to see good result's with Bike Carb;s, The inlet manifolds for them are very poor as they use unequal length track's and I would guess finding someone to set them up would be difficult, it's bad enough with normal ones

hodgy

ive spent a silly ammount of money on mt 1.9 8v and the money ive spent i could of had a mi engine in and have the same power and far better fuel.

so id say dont mod the 1.9 if your wanting power!!!

ive got 285 cam,up rated valves and springs,lightened fly wheel,R1 carbs,1.6 box all gear linkages L bracket and stick all quick shift and i wish i had of just put a MI in the thing

Sign in to follow this