• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Vague Steering

eddie bullit

Hi fellas the steering on my miami pug feels a little dead around centre and feels like its wandering ever so slightly. When stationary there is no play / loose feeling at all and the wheels do "wiggle" from the slightest movement of the steering wheel. My previous pug a 1.6 cherry without power steering never suffered. It could'nt be down to the power steering rack could it? Hoping its tired worn bushes or something similar. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom... :huh:

damien

could have a look at your TRE, they mite be worn, maybe the P bushes are worn.

worth just having a look

Edited by damien

eddie bullit

Cheers Damien will check those out when she comes back from bodyshop..

James_m

I suspect its the Pas rack. Mine is the same, for some reason they dont seem to work properly with no assistance hooked up. Maybe it causes premature wear, because im sure mine was fine when i first fitted it :wacko: Pretty annoying because, the standard rack is too slow in my opinion and nobody seems to make a decent Quick rack so the options are limited....

Alan_M
I suspect its the Pas rack. Mine is the same, for some reason they dont seem to work properly with no assistance hooked up. Maybe it causes premature wear, because im sure mine was fine when i first fitted it :wacko: Pretty annoying because, the standard rack is too slow in my opinion and nobody seems to make a decent Quick rack so the options are limited....

I've got a quick rack conversion kit from WMMS. Yet to build it though, but looks OK. Somebody on here has one of the racks in there rally car and seems to give good results. 2.5 turns lock to lock.

Costs a bit though!

Incidentally, I had the same problem with my PAS rack. Gave vague steering on right turns, and all I had left to change was the rack. Changed everything including the steering column shaft!

Sign in to follow this