• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Throttle Bodies On Standard Management

brianthemagical

as i'ma skint student and i want bike bodies i was thinking of saving some money till my next loan payment by using jetronic. the idea is to modify the std inlet circa mi16's on bodies, using the origional injector locations using megasquirt. there will be an airbox around the inlets to the bodies, with a cold air feed to a cone filter. until i can afford the megasquirt i was going to plumb the airbox into the standard afm, either using the origional airbox and trunking, or something along the lines of cone filter conversions. the main question is wether or not the management would be ok. i figured that as the engine runs ok at the mo, and the main part of the inlet is std, then there should not be too much of problem, maybe not optimum but close. any ideas? thanks.

Dream Weaver

No point IMO as it wouldn't work very well due to weak fuelling.

Why do you want bike bodies? I run them, and although they do sound very good on full bore, they are difficult to live with as the throttle angle is steep, you end up ragging it everywhere just to hear the noise and they cost quite a bit to get right.

I've just bought all the std Mi16 induction stuff as I'm thinking of going back to std - bike bodies are OK, but an Mi runs best on std induction and is quick enough in a 205.

That's my experiences of it anyway, I preferred the way mine drove beforehand.

Guest hassan

i think you may gain some response over the mi16 stock intake, but you can't gain power over 4500 rpm without fueling increase or removing the restrictive afm ........ i think the best way is megasquirt mapped on TPS then you can feel the difference of the more gained air flow rate.

brianthemagical

thanks for the replys. it's an xu9ja, so not as fast as an mi. the main reson for it is i'm bored and i've got a bit of spare cash aswell as a bit of a project. i don't drive the car much so drivability and economy don't bother me. the throttle rati is something i can work on, to try and get to closer to standard.

the reson for keeping it bodied on jetronic is so i can save up some more money and get the bodies working correctly first, then get the mappable management. thanks again.

Sign in to follow this