• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Supercharged Gti-6

dean

has any one supercharged there gti-6 engine or no of any one that has i have seen the kits on the 306 forum but there abit to expensive as the kits are like £1200 and thats with out a charger its just for a few brackets and a inlet if any one has any photo of any gti-6 engines that have bin supercharged i wouldnt mind seeing them cheers

Kev-G

The posts on the GTi-6 forum have plenty of pics..

TBH, Kit looks VERY well made - wouldn't imagine that there is much profit in the £1200....

28CRAIG

Have a good read of the topic there are load's of little bits that soon add up that come with the kit so it is good value. And i will get to see/drive one soon as a friend has got one :wacko:

dean

yer i no its a good proffesional kit but his figers are a bit hi for a standard engine 250bph with standard engine it will just blow up. i was wonting to put some think like an eaton charger on mine and just run low boost io only wont 210hp maybe 220hp

welshpug

indeed Alex!

the engine in question has been modified quite extensively, although it has only recently had an uprated clutch fitted, the standard one coped quite admirably due to such a linear torque and power delivery.

the kit is very well made and finished if a little agricultural, but his attention to detail is pretty good and agricultural doesn't mean it'll fail!

I've yet to see exactly what power levels are attainable from standard pistons, but 250 bhp shouldn't be out of the question as intake temps are quite a bit lower than a turbo, good mapping is the key, the engine of the guy in question has hit 400 bhp reliably.

dean

yer im not saying you carnt get 400hp but you will need to aprate pistons,rods ect

Sign in to follow this