• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Failed Mot On O/s Lower Arm

TaffyTim

The main fail was the lower arm, I take it this is the Wishbone, am i right?

The wishbones I have on the car are 309 Gti ones. Where is the best place to get a replacement from? Peugeot or from another source?

How much am I looking at for the part, and is it best to just do the 1 or do both at the same time?

TaffyTim
Buypartsby have 309 wishbones for a silly price at the moment.

Is it the balljoint or the inner bushes that have failed as the bushes are replaceable?

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/wishbone_displ...txtmake=PEUGEOT

Thanks for the link jackherer, its the balljoint that has gone but looking at the link they are cheap so that is good news ;)

Would I be wrong in thinking that its an easy job to diy? Ive just had a look at the Haynes and it seems quite easy.

jackherer

The only complication is that non peugeot wishbone bushes dont last very long at all so you should change them for genuine ones first. If you do a search you'll find a part number that gets you bushes for both sides along with new nuts, bolts and washers for about £12 from puegeot.

TaffyTim

Oh the search is working again, YAY ;)

ok ta for the advise but ive surched under various searches and cant find it, if anyone has the numbers lying about then could you please post them.

If no one finds them, then i presume i ask peugeot for the 205 parts and not the 309 parts?

EDIT **********************************

Further searching found that Pugnut has recently bought (NOT BROUGHT) this kit and it is as follows:

"oe part no 3599.07 is both bushes and bolts to do one complete wishbone and is 17.74 including the vat"

EDIT END *******************************

Edited by TaffyTim

sonofsam
The only complication is that non peugeot wishbone bushes dont last very long at all so you should change them for genuine ones first. If you do a search you'll find a part number that gets you bushes for both sides along with new nuts, bolts and washers for about £12 from puegeot.

My buypartsbuy wishbone bushes have been good for 1k so far. ;) Wonder how long I have got left! ;)

@Tim-p.n. 3599.07.

Excelent value for money at £15 + VAT for a complete set+nuts & bolts (both sides).

TaffyTim

I still need to do the trackrod ends. Has anyone got the part number for these?

jackherer
My buypartsbuy wishbone bushes have been good for 1k so far. :D Wonder how long I have got left! :lol:

I'm certain you will notice a difference if you change them to genuine or poly bushes now!

Sign in to follow this