• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SamGTi

Adjusting Biting Point

SamGTi

I have just fitted a new clutch to my car and the biting point is very high, too high! Is there a way of adjusting the cable (i.e. the 13mm + 10mm bolts on the clutch arm) to make the biting point a bit lower? If so, which way do I adjust it? Lengthen or shorten the cable between the pedal and the arm?

mickie

yeah slacken the bolts off anti clock wise a bit untill you're happy..

keep checking how the clutch feels while adjusting

Edited by mickie

SamGTi

So that will increase the length of useable cable between the pedal and clutch arm yeah?

mickie

yeah, making the cable longer will move up your clutch pedal, which you dont want to do :S

oops, sorry, you need to wind the nuts in clock wise, that'll pull your pedal in, so the biting points lower

been a long day sorry

SamGTi

I am confused now! I would have thought that winding the nuts clockwise would shorten the cable making the biting point even higher. Lengthening it (winding nuts anti-clockwise) would make the biting point lower and easier to drive wouldn't it?

Edd-XS

Tightening the nuts on the clutch arm, pulls the cable tighter, and brings the pedal up towards you (when sitting in the drivers seat). The biting point itself is pretty much determined by the clutch, but the level of travel to which i believe you are referring, can be lowered or raised by this procedure.

lol!

Edd

SamGTi

Yeah thanks Edd, and mickie, I understand now! My brain is frazzled from the amount of nuts and screws I have undone and re-tightened this month!

Sign in to follow this