• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Mi16 Throttle Body Pictures Needed

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

right basically i have two pipes which need to go to the the mi16 throttle body,

1, the first pipe comes from the right hand side top 205 expansion bottle pipe,

2. the smaller pipe form the thermstat housing,

just unsure which goes where as theres a 3 places where these can go, excluding the oil breather, i have searched but nothing, boo hoo :rolleyes:

taylorspug

Block both of them off on the respective engine and header tank ends, and then leave the throttle body pipes open to air. All those pipes are for is the throttle body 'heater' to stop it icing up in cold conditions (ie -20 degrees!). Its really not needed in this country and is just more pipework to potentially go wrong IMO. Ive never connected any of it up on any conversion including my own, and havent had a single problem. :rolleyes:

yorkshirekowboy
Block both of them off on the respective engine and header tank ends, and then leave the throttle body pipes open to air. All those pipes are for is the throttle body 'heater' to stop it icing up in cold conditions (ie -20 degrees!). Its really not needed in this country and is just more pipework to potentially go wrong IMO. Ive never connected any of it up on any conversion including my own, and havent had a single problem. :rolleyes:

ace just what i wanted to here, ill bolock of the thermostat housing small feed and right side header tank then, and leave the throttle open to air.

cheers

danny

ChrisG

Excellent, I've just found someone quite local who can help me fitting my Mi (and chat about surfing too - looks like its going to be firing this weekend!) :lol:

yorkshirekowboy
Excellent, I've just found someone quite local who can help me fitting my Mi (and chat about surfing too - looks like its going to be firing this weekend!) :D

mate if you need help let me know, :lol:

Sign in to follow this