• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Eating Ball Joints

Kennyb

My 205 is eating bottom arms, probably because of the 17" i have on it. Is there anyone who doe's uprated or good quality wishbones??? Does anyone else have this problem?? :lol:

Cheers

large

Is it the ball joint or is it the hole the ball joint fits into. I have had this on a 205 and a 306. The hole on the bottom of the suspention leg can become egg shape.

mickie

yeah make sure your hubs ok

CaptainP

What's your front shocks like??? If they are extra hard I've seen this wear out ball joints before. And pot holes grrrr!

wardy18

lower the pressure in ur tyres to take some of teh shock out while driving

Kennyb

Hubs are fine, on standard shocks and springs too?!??, i changed the one that is the worst only 6 months ago!!! its actually the ball joint on both, i've just had m.o.t. man looking at it and he say's its ball joints too not hubs :o (first thing i asked when he showed me the play :rolleyes: )(guy is 70 year old and has been working on cars all his life so well trust him and his expertise :) )

Proper crap, i got last one from gsf not sure about their quality but lack of funds caused the purchase, are they generally ok or is it the way im puttin them on or sumet, maybe i should bill the council cos of all the speed bumps and potholes killing my balljoints?!?

Gonna quickly check bottom of suspension leg aswelll for egg shapeness but pretty sure its not

Any Ideas or good links? B)

Cheers ;)

Edited by Kennyb

jackherer

did you fit new nuts and bolts when you fitted the wishbones?

Kennyb
did you fit new nuts and bolts when you fitted the wishbones?

Eye that i did?!?

welshpug

were they cheapy McCheap items? or nice lemforder/TRW etc items? o.e stuff tends to last so much longer its worth the few extra quid.

Sign in to follow this