• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Fitting 45 Webers

wardy18

Afternoon all

As i will soon be fitting the 45 Webers to my 1900 8v can anyone please give me quidelines on what i can remove from the engine etc that is no longer needed.

my main issue is the wiring side of things as i know alot of it can go, but exactly what can i get rid off as i have no intentions of ever reverting it back to Injection

i just dont wanna start hackin away at wires removing them from source only for it to not start when i finished or anythin.

any guidlines would be great from those who have done this before?!

many thanx

simon

projectpug

Well i jumped into fitting mine this morning thinking cant be too hard as theres loads of 205s with them on. However ended up getting soaked in petrol in my eyes aswell when i cut the cut fuel rail hose i thought it was empty ! I then removed the manifold from the head and the green niagra falls decended all over the garage floor the coolant decided it would flow out of the holes in the inlet mani everywhere. Now however im stuck on what should be done next? Ive got all the wires and pipe just hanging around everywhere.

So as Wardy said any guide on what to do step by step would be appreciated immensely i am optin for the twin regulator method if this helps as i have already purchades them.

Cheers

Phil

ashley peddle

hi phil... feel free to drop me a pm if you have any specific questions - i used the twin regulator method also so may be able to help you :lol:

wardy18

this is the route i will be headin down too, twin fse regulators

i just mainly need to know what wiring can be taken away and what to do with the ecu and wiring loom from that?!

wardy18

thanx for the link mate, some good info

still unclear as how many wires to get rid of as its a vaugue

is it pretty much remove the ECU and all wires leading to and from it as long as the ignition wires are still in place?!

boldy205

all you need let in the car is ignition circuits and wires for sender wires for guages on the dashboard. If you are unsure id keep ld the wiring in the car for now. Yes the ECC Can go. along with SAD, everything from air filter to manifold, and the whole lot looks LUSH! And sounds even better!!

Hope it goes well.

wardy18

ok sound so im pretty safe to trace back all the wires leading to injectors and afm and remove them from source

sorry whats SAD?!

i am very much lookin forward to gettin it done as while the engine is out now ill be givin it a nice lick of paint and also clean the carbs up nice too and clean teh engine bay up while the engine out

happy days

i think ill just take what i can out of the loom then just ask you guys as i go about any others

projectpug

SAD is supplementary air device if i remember rightly

ok sound so im pretty safe to trace back all the wires leading to injectors and afm and remove them from source

sorry whats SAD?!

i am very much lookin forward to gettin it done as while the engine is out now ill be givin it a nice lick of paint and also clean the carbs up nice too and clean teh engine bay up while the engine out

happy days

i think ill just take what i can out of the loom then just ask you guys as i go about any others

Edited by projectpug

wardy18

ah ok will have to look into that, is that the unit that bolts onto the head just under the dizzy by any chance?!

projectpug

Yeah it sure is its round and similar size to the FSE style regulaotr except its for air not fuel.

projectpug

Right got to the stage where i need to hook up the black coil to the loom only problem is when i connect it now there is no where for the coil to do its just lying on top on the thermostat hose and a sea of other wires. What should i do to tidy this up? Im thinking of cutting all the wires to the coil and then extending them si i can mount it somewhere properly? Whatis the best solution for this ?

Sign in to follow this