• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

Torsion Bars - Are They The Same?!

RossD

Right, Peugeot sell 21mm torsion bars for the 205, and at £60 quid each thats pretty cheap. But looking closely, they only sell the right hand bar. Are the bars 'handed' so they only fit one side? Or could I buy 2 right hand bars and fit them to my axle!? :rolleyes:

Jrod

They will fit in both sides, I think they are only marked L/R so you don't bend them one way and then the other.

Toddy
Right, Peugeot sell 21mm torsion bars for the 205, and at £60 quid each thats pretty cheap. But looking closely, they only sell the right hand bar. Are the bars 'handed' so they only fit one side? Or could I buy 2 right hand bars and fit them to my axle!? :rolleyes:

I tried to order these a week ago, they were apparently not available on the dealers system to order, so must be discontinued stock. let me know if you have any look though!

Cheers

309PUG
I tried to order these a week ago, they were apparently not available on the dealers system to order, so must be discontinued stock. let me know if you have any look though!

Cheers

Dave

I thought you had a 309 rear beam fitted, if so I don't think Peugeot would have any 309 TB's for sale at all !!

Chris

Toddy
Dave

I thought you had a 309 rear beam fitted, if so I don't think Peugeot would have any 309 TB's for sale at all !!

Chris

Had a 205 beam since the rebuild, you can buy std size torsion bars for either 205 or 309 for about £70 from the dealer at the minute until stocks dry up, most std torsion bars must be a little weak after 15 years of abuse i would have thought.

Cheers

RossD
Had a 205 beam since the rebuild, you can buy std size torsion bars for either 205 or 309 for about £70 from the dealer at the minute until stocks dry up, most std torsion bars must be a little weak after 15 years of abuse i would have thought.

Cheers

I'd better go and ask my local dealer pronto then....

V8Pete

I'm sure one's about 15 mm longer than the other.

Jrod
I'm sure one's about 15 mm longer than the other.

Na

V8Pete

^ Correct - I just went out and compared the ones in the garage. I must've been thinking of when I had the 205 and 309 TBs side by side. :)

Jrod

I only know as I had them next to each other the other day. :)

RossD

Right, I paid my local dealer a visit today and even though these bars are on the system, they are not available to order as Toddy has already said. Typical!!!

arnold naber

well i thinking about this ...

If they are the same why do they have different numbers ??

i'll call the dealer in the netherlands..

And can the differnt be that in the production the steel is turnd in different ways ?

Sign in to follow this