• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnygoodhand

Moulding Or No Moulding

jonnygoodhand

Below is a picture of my UK Rallye, complete with painted bumpers and white moudling strip (basically a standard silver moulding, carefully covered in white electrical tape!).

present.jpg

Since this picture was taken, I've managed to get my hands on what seems to be a set of Euro Rallye Bumpers - White bumpers in a semi-gloss finish, with holes drilled only for attaching the arches and the bumper mounting bolts - i.e. no holes for the moulding fixing clips.

bumper-close-up.jpg

My question is, should I drill some additional holes so I can fix the red moudling (thus destroying the 'smoothness' of the bumper)

with-moudling.jpg

Or leave it as it is?

without-moulding.jpg

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Jrod

Leave it plain, that's what i'm planning to do.

paul_portsmouth

smooth out the ridge with some F/g then keep it all white

Jrod

Na don't smoot it out, won't look right IMO.

steve@cornwall

The thing I love about the rallye is it's clean - nothing superfluous look. "go" rather than "show" so my view is as- is, no trim.

GTI6BOY

i just purchased a gti kit from pug and they come undrilled, just holes where you had holes

eddie bullit

standard always looks best imo mate. Nice looking cars like yours should stay standard / faithfull to what peugeot intended. There are loads of tampered cars out there its hard to resist the temptation but leave it standard.Up to you in the end what ever floats y boat....

jonnygoodhand

Thanks for the comments. Plain it is then!

But for this I need some new bumper fixing bolts, as I twisted mine to bits when removing the originals! Does anyone know anywhere that stock these? I would try my local Peugeot dealer, but previous conversations with them make me wonder if they actually remember that they once produced a model called the 205...

GTI6BOY

pug do them, got some the other day

Sign in to follow this