• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Liners + Pistons

wardy18

Ok so im still learning about engine and internals so please help me

When you fit 83.5mm Pistons to have to fit 83.5mm liners to match, same with 85mm and 86.6mm etc etc, does the Liner always have to match exactly the piston size.

im asking because i was under the impression that pistons sizes for XU engine were 83, 83.5 then jumps to 85mm but i have found a company that supplies 84 and 84.5mm pistons too which i assume take the CC inbetween 1928cc and 2000cc, but what liners would you need for these!?

The site is:

www.forgedpistons.co.uk

regards

Simon

309PUG
Ok so im still learning about engine and internals so please help me

When you fit 83.5mm Pistons to have to fit 83.5mm liners to match, same with 85mm and 86.6mm etc etc, does the Liner always have to match exactly the piston size.

im asking because i was under the impression that pistons sizes for XU engine were 83, 83.5 then jumps to 85mm but i have found a company that supplies 84 and 84.5mm pistons too which i assume take the CC inbetween 1928cc and 2000cc, but what liners would you need for these!?

The site is:

www.forgedpistons.co.uk

regards

Simon

Hi,

You assume correctly, whatever piston size you opt for you must also purchase matching sized liners.

Chris

wardy18

ah ok, strange how this company doesnt supply the liners aswel as the pistons then!!

could do with finding out how thin the liners are for the 84mm and 84.5mm cause i ive been told that 85mm liners are too thin and so unreliable but the 84 or 84.5mm may be better!!

Batfink

86mm no good then?

wardy18
86mm no good then?

from what i can gather 85 is the biggest that can be fitted to a XU9 but are way too thin, you can fit larger but this mean machining of teh block and custom liners i think which is gettin expensive!!

where can i source liners from?!

Batfink

Miles (aka pugracing) used to be able to get them. Havent spoken to him about them for a while though

wardy18

am in contact with Miles now, thanx for your help

Sign in to follow this