• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Benito

1.4 Tu Losing Power After Oil Change

Benito

Right, gave my 106 1.4 XSI an Oil & Filter change today, using Castrol 10W/40 Magnatec (Which is what I used last time), and also used some Wynns Engine Flush as well before I changed the oil.

Then went to drive the car later in the day, and now the cars running OK like it was before, and firing OK, but the engine seems sluggish and doesn't want to pull, it's like I'm trying to drive with my handbrake on or with a car full of people!

I'm thinking that maybe the engine flush has washed and cleaned what sludge may have been in there, and now the compression inside the cyclinders has been reduced? Or is there any other reason for it to be like this, as it's really noticeable whilst trying to drive the car!? :lol:

Sandy

How much oil did you put in? TUs only take about 3.5 litres maximum.

Benito

Exactly 3.5. The container is 4.0 litres. I even drained a bit a bit out out after thinking that it might have been too much, but it made no difference at all! :lol:

Sandy

No idea then, sorry.

Sign in to follow this