• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Cti Roof Roll Bar

damo

I have some rust on the outside of the cti rollbar thing. its inbetween the windows just behind the door. door roof pillar ??

no idea what its called, but can they be replaced ? looks like it maybe part of the back panel on a cti.

any help welcome as its going to be a pain to repair, much easier if i can just replace this outside bit?

steve@cornwall
I have some rust on the outside of the cti rollbar thing. its inbetween the windows just behind the door. door roof pillar ??

no idea what its called, but can they be replaced ? looks like it maybe part of the back panel on a cti.

any help welcome as its going to be a pain to repair, much easier if i can just replace this outside bit?

Is this on the passenger side? If so there's been a small welded repair there! It is part of the body, unfortunately. IIRC it requires beating back slightly, properly cleaning off the metal, skim, fill, primer and paint . It's been very solidly repaired, ut when I got the car it was just splodged over with underseal- including a 2" radius of the red paint below ( hence the quick and pretty poor blow-in of the quarter panel to be ready for free listing weekend - I needed the garage space :lol: ) The rear window seal will need to come off - secured at the rear with a small screw under the hood, accessed from inside by moving the inner liner, and glued at the front by the rust .This is a royal pain in the ass to re-fit properly which is why I left it on and just masked the seal off. It really is a very solid repair, so just needs "tarting"

Sign in to follow this