• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Carb On Xs

djinuk

my carb on my xs is really playing up, im going to have a play around with a small screwdriver to see if i can get it running a little better, can anybody on here tell me which screws do what, and in which way to turn them to change different characteristics.

j_turnell

I think theres an exploded diagram in the haynes manual, solex z2 carb from memory, but its been a while since ive owned an XS!

DaveW

You will need to strip the carb fully and clean everything with carb cleaner, i just done it on mine as it was running poor(like having to pull the choke out to make it run!) and now it runs better than before much smoother.

djinuk

already done that a few times, well i cracked it in half, cleaned everything out, cleaned the jets etc etc

Sandy

Check for spindle wear, air leaks are the No1 cause of problems IME.

djinuk

if im honest my know how on carbs is limited. Spindle wear? not really sure where i am looking :rolleyes:

Sandy

Grab the throttle mechanism and see if it'll move side to side.

djinuk

just checked and there does not seem to be any movement side to side at all

Guest smokinslim

Replace the gasket in the middle of the carb if its worn too as this may cause issues when put back together.

djinuk

that gasket seemed fine

djinuk

could anybody give me a quick overview on which screw does what (mixture etc) and in what order to turn them etc.

Guest smokinslim

As someone mentioned earlier its all detailed in the back of the haynes manual.

oliver17491

hi as people wherent realy givving you what you asked for in the first place i have search the internet and found a diagram of the carb. carb diagram

djinuk

thanks you so much for that pdf file, im sure that will be help full for lots of people and not just myself as the information on it is very vast and covers so much including rebuilding the carb. thanks :lol:

djinuk

had a play with it, the carb runs ok now when red hot, but when cold it runs very very poor, even with choke out. A garage said that my idle speed jet (the one in the side) could be worn causing all the problems, any idea where to go for one of these ?

oliver17491

Have you looked on the internet at all for solex z2 jets?

djinuk

yea had a look around the net oliver, they all seem to just be based on webber carbs

Sign in to follow this