• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
leitoo

Sunroof

leitoo

Hello everyone...

My sunroof isn't openning these days... Although the vacuum mechanism is working perfectly (pressurizes, depressurizes) the locking cable isn't attached to anything thus prohibiting me from the warmth of the sun!!! Where does the cable hook on to? Is it the roof's handle or are there any other side mechanisms operating it???

Would very much appreciate pictures on the working parts sice dealers here have absolutely no idea what's wrong and don't have the parts available to see (they have to order them from the peugeot dealer at buyer's expense!!!)

Thank you in advance for your responses!!!

steve@cornwall
Hello everyone...

My sunroof isn't openning these days... Although the vacuum mechanism is working perfectly (pressurizes, depressurizes) the locking cable isn't attached to anything thus prohibiting me from the warmth of the sun!!! Where does the cable hook on to? Is it the roof's handle or are there any other side mechanisms operating it???

Would very much appreciate pictures on the working parts sice dealers here have absolutely no idea what's wrong and don't have the parts available to see (they have to order them from the peugeot dealer at buyer's expense!!!)

Thank you in advance for your responses!!!

Hi, hope this helps. Usual problem is that the soldered nipple of the release cable pulls through. I drilled through a small screw, passed the cable through it and clamped it together. Had to open the prongs on the mechanism a bit to fit it, but has worked fine for the last 3 years!

post-7883-1193663035_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve@cornwall

leitoo

Thank you Steve!!!! That's all I needed to see!!!

How is the metal thing where the cable goes held on the handle?

Once again thank you for your help!!!

Sign in to follow this