• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

How To Get The Best Connection On Your Terminals

GLPoomobile

Once I've replaced any terminals/connection blocks and cleaned the corrosion or limescale from others, how should I ensure that I get an good connection whilst preventing future corrosion etc?

For the connection blocks, I believe you smear vaseline or something similar on them, is this correct? And for exposed terminals such as ring terminals should I spray white lithium grease over them once connected up?

welshpug

depends what kind of connections they are, if they're superseal connections then they dont need any help, some later Bosch connectors are sealed quite well but not to quite the extent of the superseal type.

you're correct with the connection blocks and battery terminals, basically anything that helps prevent corrosion will do the job, the different products just have different qualities helping them to stick/withstand heat/withstand water etc.

some silicone sealant added into the older bosch connectors seems to help a lot (where the wires enter the plug)

Sign in to follow this