• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mwilcock

Another Conversion

mwilcock

hi everyone.

now i know this has just been convered but, im starting a 2.0 205 project, got miself an engine

any advice, tips before i start?

Thanks

Mike

Edited by cybernck

danpug

Turbo or 16v engine?

mwilcock
Turbo or 16v engine?

8v turbo, but ive been told i can use the s16 head, gti6 inlet manifold and get an exhaust manifold to suit. hence 16v? dunno if this is a load of nonsence tho lol.

Mike

danpug

I think you could do, unsure what compression you'd end up with and also 16v turbo manifolds aren't cheap!

mwilcock

unfortunatley true. is it possible to errmmm. boj 1 up lol? using bits and bobs off diff cars?

danpug

Perhaps if you have the welding skills!

mwilcock

a good friend of my dads has a welding company so if its possible..

danpug

I've no idea where you'd start, perhaps getting the engine fitted first then letting your dads friend see the car and design a manifold from that. Hes probably the best person to speak to before you go getting your hands dirty!

mwilcock

Right then, so now, i just need the car.

danpug

Theres still alot more to think about other than the manifold. You might be better off starting off with the 8v turbo then later on look into turning it into a 16v.

mwilcock

your probably right but you know how it is when you start a mission. every possible idea running through your head and scanning through ebay till stupid am lol

craig f90
Theres still alot more to think about other than the manifold. You might be better off starting off with the 8v turbo then later on look into turning it into a 16v.

Thats exactly what i'm gonna do. Mine should be finished on wednesday. (8v'ed, that is)

danpug

"your probably right but you know how it is when you start a mission. every possible idea running through your head and scanning through ebay till stupid am lol"

I do the same everyday!

Edited by danpug

mwilcock

what engine have you used craig? unfortunatley my engine is auto so i got more work to do with that as well

Sign in to follow this