• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SAMSMITH

Bendix And Girling

SAMSMITH

one ex peugeot master tech a crrent technician a parts department guy stood looking at the parts computer..... and the joke is peugeot

so my car failed on backing plate corrosion.

as soon as we toook the drum off my dad said thats girlign from the adjusters. but after talking to peugeot and a guy at kevin coopers they said the adjuster hole is round so it is bendix. so we order bendix thinking ok they must be right.

get them bolt it all on and go to fit the pads.... off a TU pug... so after getting gti pads we go to fit them and realise they dont fit atall. its 6 o clcok at night on thursday. so today we went to peugeot and said whats the crack? we cant work it out between the four of us. so we try the pads on girling... they fit BUt this plate is off of a TU so the pads are too wide and the cylinder hole is an oval...

well the backing plates we have have a round cylinder hole and fit girling parts... do we ordered a set of GTI backing plates but will this have an oval or round cylinder hole?

if not im ggonna need girling cylinders

stupid peugeot and their stupid brakes

steve@cornwall
one ex peugeot master tech a crrent technician a parts department guy stood looking at the parts computer..... and the joke is peugeot

so my car failed on backing plate corrosion.

as soon as we toook the drum off my dad said thats girlign from the adjusters. but after talking to peugeot and a guy at kevin coopers they said the adjuster hole is round so it is bendix. so we order bendix thinking ok they must be right.

get them bolt it all on and go to fit the pads.... off a TU pug... so after getting gti pads we go to fit them and realise they dont fit atall. its 6 o clcok at night on thursday. so today we went to peugeot and said whats the crack? we cant work it out between the four of us. so we try the pads on girling... they fit BUt this plate is off of a TU so the pads are too wide and the cylinder hole is an oval...

well the backing plates we have have a round cylinder hole and fit girling parts... do we ordered a set of GTI backing plates but will this have an oval or round cylinder hole?

if not im ggonna need girling cylinders

stupid peugeot and their stupid brakes

I ended up fitting the seals off a wrongly supplied cyl. on the pistons of my old cyl. - 10 minutes and jobs a good'un :):D

Guest smokinslim

gti's have the round hole n wider pads n drums, base models have the oval hole n thinner pads n drums.

SAMSMITH

so i defiantely have girling?

Guest smokinslim

Is your car a gti or not? if not i may have some backing plates in the shed, i'm on discs now so wont need them again. will look tomoz when its light.

Guest smokinslim

Looking at the parts catalogue Clicky! it should be Girling yeah.

Edited by smokinslim

Sign in to follow this