• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Bent Valves

wardy18

Told you id bent them B)

finally got the head off today and sure enough visibly there are #4 exhaust valve and #3 inlet valve not sitting flat and so leavin about a 1mm gap, more are probably bent if i tested them with parafin but ive seen enough

on to the next head then

quick question, i know there are 3 different 1900 8v heads, the one im about to put on is either the 122 or 130 bhp, can either of these be fitted to the D6B block?!

sorry i cant remember the different engine names, please advise

pug_ham

Either head will fit but iirc the 122bhp one has larger chambers so it will lower the compression on the D6B engine.

A skim would bring it back up again though.

Graham.

wardy18
Either head will fit but iirc the 122bhp one has larger chambers so it will lower the compression on the D6B engine.

A skim would bring it back up again though.

Graham.

yeh im gonna give the head a good skim to get a little more performance out of it but to be honest its a mates pug and he aint too needy for performance as long as its good runner

thanx for the reply

petert

I thought it was the same head but different pistons between the 122hp and 130hp. Certainly the 105hp engine has bigger chambers.

Sign in to follow this