• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edp

Cv Boot Kits

Edp

Can someone recommend decent CV boot kits. I now need two outer ones on my Mi. The car seems to eat these pesky rubber crappers and i want to know if there are any more robust than others? I always install as the instructions say and i always use the metal straps unlike others who use cable ties.

The drivers one hasn't been on there more than 3 months, grease bloody everywhere :) The ones I normally get are the flexible ones installed using the cone from my local motor factors. The car is lowered 25mm and has 309 bones/shafts.

Any suggestions appreciated. . .

chris1986

is it the actuall boot splitting or the clip comming off. we use a universal boot, meca tech and have no problems with them. they come with clips and grease

welshpug

I always split the joint and use whatever GSF supply, which is usually Meillor which IIRC are O.E (or at least o.e quality)

there's nothing wrong with using cable ties to secure them either, you just need to make sure that they're made from a decent material so they can take some tension, its often quite difficult to secure the metal clips without the correct tools.

Edp

Yeah its not the metal clips coming off its the rubber splitting. Maybe i'll try the more hard wearing kit and like you say split the joint instead of using the flexible type.

Sign in to follow this