• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYMISIXTEEN

205 Cti Mi16 Set Up

ANDYMISIXTEEN

I will soon be dropping a Mi16 into my Cti. The Mi16 has Piper cams and pullys, im told it had head work and i am unsure of the rest of the internals. The previous owner gave me some pix of when the enginewhen it was in bits having work done. Its also on 45 Webers with longman manifolds with a dizzy adaptor. I am going to use all 3 uprated engine mounts and also silicone hoses. I have a reangled manifold and a standard 1.9 8v zaust. Going to run a 1.6 gearbox. The engine and box have been reconed and the engine needs running in.

Should i use an ecu for the ignition side of things?

Is it worth using the Mi16 loom?

Would i get more benifits running throttle bodys?

How much would a throttle body set cost including ecu etc?

Could i use a better zaust system/manifold?

What sort of power should i expect?

02062007113.jpg

02062007105.jpg

Bally

It looks really nice, a mappable ignition will make it feel loads better tho.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

How much are mappable ignition set ups?Good ones to go for?

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Think im going to go for a set of throttle bodys, can anyone recommend a set and ecu?

What sort of power should i expect from with my mods and throttle bodies?

Found a few pictures i was given with the car of the engine in bits.

IMAG0008.jpg

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Is it worth spending alot more cash to get the Throttle bodies? Will the carbs give me much trouble, like non starting? I dont use the car every day but it is my main car.

monty69

Best thing to do is buy the speedpro book how to build and power tune weber carbs. I used this book and stripped, serviced 45s and rebuilt to the advised setup. With making accurate timing marks for dizzy i got the engine within pretty much spot on perfect for power, with very little gained from rolling road although i would use rollers every time. 50 miles out of ten quid juice mixed driving, lots of heavy right foot, this will rise when mapped ignition used.

I have a 1.6 box fitted and its awful, long gap between 1st to 2nd and 4th to 5th and still revs at about 4000 at 70. Its like a mismatch of gears. 1st gear is usesless- just spins no matter what the weather, tyres, or driving technique, which then makes the silly gap to 2nd even worse! Im going for xsara vts box when clutch is due, the 1.6 one is going in bin! pm me if you need jet settings to get it near, have 2nd set of 45s doing nothing...

Sign in to follow this