• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu71

Gearbox, Shafts, Hubs, Bearings

Stu71

Hi chaps new to this forum and after some help, just got a 1.6 gti h reg 1.9 axle and i'm planning a track car with a mi16 as last mod was wondering for now what the options are for mixing the gearboxs and shafts with the 1.6 and 1.9, i want to try the 1.6 first but also want to do the 307 brake conversion with the 1.9 hubs ? can the 1.6 bearing and hub be put into the 1.9 carrier etc ? just one more thing the car runs bad on tick over with a very strong petrol smell as i want to use the car for a bit is there a comon problem fix for this, thanks for your time Stu

chris1986

not sure on the hubs but the fuel prob could be coolant sensor the 2 pin one. that was the fault on mine when it was running rough think it was about £20 from dealer

Miles

The hub's are specfic to the Driveshafts not the gearbox, So if you have 1.6 hub's you need the 1.6 shafts and the same goes for the 1.9 hub's you need the 1.9 shaft's, With the brakes you will need the 1.9 hub's as very few caliper's fit the 1.6 hub's, But remember that the pads for the 307 brake's are expensive compared to std one which work fine when in top top shape as the 205 weigh's nothing

Stu71

Thank you very much chaps will check them out, does the 1.9 driveshfts fit the 1.6 box ?

pug_ham
does the 1.9 driveshfts fit the 1.6 box ?

Yes, it'll fit straight in.

A search (now its working again) would've given all these answers.

Graham.

Stu71

Thank you, i will try the search again it wasn't working the other day for me

Sign in to follow this