• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamesc

Difference In Hubs Between 1.6/1.9/base?

jamesc

Garage cross threaded a bolt on my hub on the 1.6, need to replace it but garage doing the work have said they have tried three different hubs from peugeot and none of them fit.

Did they differ between gti's? it's a 92 1.6 and is standard??

Ideas welcome..

Cheers

James

welshpug

right the 1.9 and TU hubs (i.e 1.4 and smaller) are the same, but 1.6 git are different.

I guess its the wheelbolt they have cross threaded as its the only thread that's part of it, I believe the part number you need is:

3307 50, INJECTION EXCEPT XU9JA EXCEPT WITH ABS BRAKES.

I'm glad you arent paying for it, from peugeot its £108 just for the hub minus the bearing!

Ryan
right the 1.9 and TU hubs (i.e 1.4 and smaller) are the same, but 1.6 git are different.

I guess its the wheelbolt they have cross threaded as its the only thread that's part of it, I believe the part number you need is:

3307 50, INJECTION EXCEPT XU9JA EXCEPT WITH ABS BRAKES.

I'm glad you arent paying for it, from peugeot its £108 just for the hub minus the bearing!

The 1.9 and TU hubs are different as well, as the 1.9 has different driveshafts.

It'll need to be a 1.6 GTI hub, unless you have ABS.

welshpug
The 1.9 and TU hubs are different as well, as the 1.9 has different driveshafts.

It'll need to be a 1.6 GTI hub, unless you have ABS.

DOH! yeah I forgot about that part, its the offset that's the same between the 1.9 and TU hubs, but with a different spline pattern inside them.

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this