• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry 1.9GTi

Xu10 Oil Pump Spring Into Xu9 Pump

Henry 1.9GTi

Having fitted the GTi-6 spring into my Mi16 I am wondering wether it was such a good idea. 100+psi (off the gauge) on 1000rpm cold idle about 35-40psi warm/hot idle. if I rev it atall before leaving it to warm up, even 2-3k rpm sees the gauge leap off the scale to what must be 140psi. Is this healthy? Going to replace sump neway so can easily put the old spring back. The pug guage reads max as well for atleast 5 mins when starting from cold.

Will this high pressure cause damage to engine / oil pump?

I'm thinking the old spring will be fine.

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers.

Henry.

Bally

you sure something isnt stuck?

Henry 1.9GTi

i hope not, will be checking anyway when sump comes off.

Miles

Don’t forget the gauge or sender isn’t that accurate, I know when I had a calibrated gauge fitted in mine the OE one would go off the scale (Then stop working all together) as you say but I would only get 100 psi when cold

Henry 1.9GTi

The 100+psi reading is from a mechanical gauge. The gauge only reads up to 100 but the needle keeps going round into the temp part of the gauge to what looks like it would be 140+ when given any revs at all before warming significantly.

Sign in to follow this