• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Converting 1.6 Beam To 1.9 Beam

GTI6BOY

I want to convert from a 1.6 beam on my cti to a 1.9 beam

So far i have a new fully rebuilt 1.9 beam, rear callipers/discs/pads and braided hoses

I want to run it off the single brake pipe, so i want to know exactly what i need to do this, and pics would be great

If i run off the single hose then will i be using 4 braided hoses opose to 6

Do i also need 1.9 handbrake cables?

Edited by GTI6BOY

luggy

Ive just swapped a 1.9 beam onto a 1.6 and I swapped the cables as well, difference being with the 1.9 cables is that there's no spring on the end of the cable which connects to the caliper arm. So you could try the 1.6 cables.

Guest Starscream

All u need to run off a single brake line from the front is a T-piece, done this on my 1.6

Keept the Standard 1.6 Servo, ran the pipes inside (rally car) and at the rear where it goes backthrough the body use a T-piece to split it to each Caliper :wub:

GTI6BOY

i want to run off the original pipes, do i still need the t-piece?

Any pics?

Guest Starscream

Im not sure if there is a way of getting the old brake pipes off the 1.6 beam and bending/fitting them to the 1.9 beam, its seriously much better to DIY some yourself, and Copper sure does last longer

No pics, will try and get some of my set up

Edited by Starscream

GTI6BOY

there is a way of doing this off the originals as pug1offs v6 has it.

dont worry starscream of getting me pics as i wont be doing the same setup as you, thanks anyway

Miles

Yes you can use the same pipe's until where it goes into the rear caliper as the 1.9 205 has a flexi hose there compared to the solid of the 1.6, I would make some new one's up anyway as bending the old ones normally snaps them off as they don;t bend,

GTI6BOY

i have braided hoses to go on, so is there somewhere for these to fit?

Miles

Are they 1.6 or 1.9 ones? as you need the 1.6 beam one's to go into the rear 'T' piece then you can go solid into the caliper's, the 306 do this but std 205's don;t and there's no reason why this can;t be changed

Sign in to follow this