• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
geoffmslater

Bonnet Cable Removal

geoffmslater

Firstly title should really be bonnet pull latch removal (inside car)

My car is 309 gti, suspect same in 205

Basically I am building fibreglass speaker kick panels and passenger side has the bonnet pull right in the , therefore I need to remove the bonnet pull latch from inside the car.

however I can not disconnect cable from bonnet pull (in car) with it in place (can't get my fingers in behind panel easily enough), and i cannot get enough cable slack to remove latch with cable on it either.

I will tomorrow remove more plastic covering from engine end to enable me to get more slack in car, when I will then hopefully be able to remove bonnet pull latch with cable on it which will make it easy to remove.

IS THIS THE CORRECT PROCEDURE??

cheers

Edited by geoffmslater

Paintguy

I've simply moved mine out of the way a little, to give me some room. There was just enough slack on the cable for me to mount it underneath the glovebox without having to disconnect it.

Would that be an option?

DSCF0016.thumb.jpg DSCF0018.thumb.jpg

geoffmslater

Thanks for reply, will try getting more slack today from cutting off cable sleeve in car end, hopefully this enables me to remove latch then unhook cable.

Looks like my 1990 309 has different latch to 205

post-5499-1193007261_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this