• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Brake Seizure

sutol

Nearside rear brake has siezed on after stupid here left the handbrake on :ph34r:

Will it be the cable or drum that has siezed ? What do you think, should I sacrafice a cable and cut it ?

Trouble is the car is in a field and I dont have a wheelnut key, I need to get it back to my garage to sort it so as I can push it about as and when required (don't ask ! ) Anyone got an easy fix ??

Pugnut

more than likely to be the shoes and assembly inside the drum thats seized up. a quick fix is usually a good beating with a BFH .

sutol
more than likely to be the shoes and assembly inside the drum thats seized up. a quick fix is usually a good beating with a BFH .

Ta mate, trouble is I can't get the wheel off and it's in a field (long damp grass under it ). Think I'll have to winch it on the trailer and take it home for further investigation.

I remember a thread on here about removing locking nuts when you don't have a key but can't remember the outcome.

Not having any luck of late. post-9302-1193003420.gif

.post-9302-1193003469.gif

tom_m
Ta mate, trouble is I can't get the wheel off and it's in a field (long damp grass under it ). Think I'll have to winch it on the trailer and take it home for further investigation.

I remember a thread on here about removing locking nuts when you don't have a key but can't remember the outcome.

Not having any luck of late. post-9302-1193003420.gif

.post-9302-1193003469.gif

hammer an appropriately sized socket onto it with the aforementioned BFH and remove in the usual manner

Pugnut

you dont necessarily need to take the wheel off . slipping an oversized socket over the wheel nuts and hitting that may even do it . or getting a bar through the wheel and battering that . or if you're not worried about the wheel the batter that .

sutol

Right, the big FO hammer did the trick, thanks..

Didn't need a wheel nut key as when I put my other glasses on I found that it didn't have locking wheel nuts :lol:

Anyone know where I can get a top engine mount from to suit fitting Mi16 (ally block) to 205 ?post-9302-1193776572.gif

steve@cornwall
Anyone know where I can get a top engine mount from to suit fitting Mi16 (ally block) to 205 ?

B&Q - usually between the rocking horse poo and the hen's teeth :lol::) Spoox advertise a billet one for silly money, or sometimes crop up on e-bay

Sign in to follow this