• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SAMSMITH

Gearbox

SAMSMITH

there is a 1986 1.6 gearbox in a local scrappies for £60. providing its good will it fit my 1990 1.6 gti?

also did the n/s driveshaft today. turns out its the other side :ph34r: good thing i got it cheap cus of knowing people at local peugeot garage and kevin coopers :wub:

so yeah will it fit as we arent sure

ORB

it will be a different box, you need a BE3 with the reverse below 5th, not to the left of 1st

it will go in, but you will need to swap out the linkage and the like.

SAMSMITH

mine is to the left of first

ORB

that should be fine, but be sure that the box you buy is good, or has some comeback, as alot of them are knackered!

SAMSMITH

im gonna make farther look at it. was 1990 the transition year or something?

i thought it was earlier than that. i hope i dont have the lesser bhp model. although it has a phase 1.5 dash and was ment to be rolling roaded at 127BHP

steve@cornwall
im gonna make farther look at it. was 1990 the transition year or something?

i thought it was earlier than that. i hope i dont have the lesser bhp model. although it has a phase 1.5 dash and was ment to be rolling roaded at 127BHP

BE1 to BE3 gearbox was changed during "G" reg. Most G plates I've seen have BE3 and all f plates have had BE1

luggy

Ive got a BE3 1.6 box on a 92 GTI you can have for £50. Its done 138K and I dont know what sort of condition the internals are in, recently bought it for my MI project. Box is still in the car, let me know because I can take it out for you next weekend.

SAMSMITH

is BE3 what i need? to the left of first?

if the box is good id be interested

luggy
mine is to the left of first

Sorry should have read the thread properly, yours is a BE1.

steve@cornwall
Sorry should have read the thread properly, yours is a BE1.

I've got a BE1 spare - came out of my old cti and worked fine! Yours for 30 squids

SAMSMITH

got any info on it. year? mileage? would you meet me somwhere? likeard or somewhere between there and you? let me know

steve@cornwall
got any info on it. year? mileage? would you meet me somwhere? likeard or somewhere between there and you? let me know

HI - was from a 142K 1986 CTI - but couldn't fault it and wouldn't hesitate to fit it in one of my own cars. It was replaced as i took the whole engine, 'box subframe and p/s from a 1.9 GTI and swapped it as a lump! In all honesty I would struggle to find the time to meet you along the way :D I already have too many chores and not enough time)

mbayley77

Steve, your a south west gearbox supplier for sure :D

SAMSMITH

hhmm ill talk to my dad as that is a higher mileage than my engine!! haha although id rather take an engine off of someone from here than a scrappy

SAMSMITH

i need a gearbox asap. i can get it saturdaY?

Sign in to follow this