• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mr2haz

Restoring Faded Paint

mr2haz

My black 205 gti is suffering from paint fade on the bonnet. Wht is the best way/products for restoring it?

swordfish210

G3 is quite a good paint restorer and so is Meguiars Scratch-X (i think that what it's called) a good Mop is ideal for restoring paint as well cause it takes a lot of the effort out of it. I wouldnt take my word alone for it though cause i dont really give a flying jaffy about my paint work and i tend to not polish the car at all

Ethos
My black 205 gti is suffering from paint fade on the bonnet. Wht is the best way/products for restoring it?

Wash.

Clay bar.

Scratch-x / T-cut

Polish once or twice (Super resin polish)

Wax

Should bring it out nicely.

pugman211

G3 polish,

Machine polish Both with buffer and mop

Than get good Carnuba wax and give it 2 - 3 coats. Sorted!

Just dont do it in the cold or in direct sunlight otherwise you will burn the paint :)

mr2haz

Would that process sort out the paint on this bonnet?

06102007227.jpg

pugman211

quite possibly, the only bit that worries me is the big patches towards the rear of the bonnet., if your gonna do it, make sure you soak the bonnet in water first, as this will help with the buffing, then go over it with the G3 polish. You should be able to tell pretty soon if it will work, and if it doesn't, then its only a quick flash over of the bonnet then!

Sign in to follow this