• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pip470

Gti 6 Exhaust Pics Please

pip470

Any chance of some pics of where the gti 6 manifold mates to the down pipe, i offered up my standard 8v downpipe and although the flange looked the same, it put the exhaust way too low, it runs paralel to the bottom of the car but its about a foot away. What have people used on this conversion. Cheers in advance Phill

TurboSam

I used a cut and shut 8v downpipe

smighall

I use a GTI6 decat, had to chop some length out of it to meet the start of the centre section.

whizzer71

I used the original 6' frontpipe and cut the cat out of it :)

petert

I think I cut back a BX16V down pipe. ie I ground off the flange and cut back 6" or so, removing the centre section, then re-welded the flange back on. There should be no centre divider.

post-2864-1192445638_thumb.jpg

monty69

So how do you get the manifold to clear servo?

petert
So how do you get the manifold to clear servo?

I made a special wedge plate that changes the angle and makes the transition between the ports on an Mi16/S16 head and the GTi6 manifold face.

whizzer71

I cut mine and dropped it by 5mm.

:lol:

pip470

What servo are you on about, I take it you mean its the power steering servo? Thanks for the pic petert. Can i be a pain and ask for the opposite side of the pipe and the flange so i can see where you have welded. Maybe next time your under the car. When you say there is no divider do you split the full exhaust and remove the diveder and seam weld it all back up? Cheers phill

Spiky

i urun std gti-6 manifold, unaltered,

i then cut my std 205 exhaust and cut 5-6 inch's out of it, and it's fine, no rubbing anywhere

Sign in to follow this