• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DTORU

My Rr Day Results

DTORU

205 GTI TD (Only Running 25PSI Boost And No Nitrous, Dont Want It To Blow Up Again)

205GTITD.jpg

Phase 2 405 MI16 (100% Standard)

Made The Same Power As A Stock Alloy Block MI Not Bad For 130000Miles And Ragged Everyday. Its Only A Runaround.

406MI16.jpg

Well Chuffed With Both!

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by DTORU

Anthony

Interesting.

405 looks quite good for a standard engine that I assume hasn't been rebuilt, although interesting to see that it's got a sizeable hole in the torque curve around 5500rpm - my 306 S16 had the same issue, and it annoyed the hell out of me whenever I drove it.

The 205 TD though I'm not impressed with (assuming it's a similar spec to the one that you put a rod through the block on a few months back) and I honestly expected more. The fact that it's clearly making good power at revs where the standard engine will have long since thrown in the towel is impressive, but the way that you've sacrificed so much low end to achieve that surely makes driveability poor compared to an otherwise standard 1.9TD which, with tweeked fuelling and boost, would surely have made similar torque and pulled from 2000rpm?

DTORU

Its Running A Stock 306 1.9 TD Motor That had Done 70,000 Miles, Just Fitted The Turbo And Cam Off The Blown Motor To Get It Back On The Road. The Old Motor Was A Lot Stronger And Pulled Harder But Was Running 35PSI. The Torque Is Low As The Chap At The RR Said Its Overfueling Far To Much, Ive Backed It Off And Advanced The Pump Slightly And Now Its Loads Better.

The MI Has Never Been Rebuilt Exept For Fitting New Big End Shells In No3 Cylinder. Done In The Car, Dropped The Gear Box.

The 205 Is Hopefully Going Back Within Next Few Months To Sort The Fueling And Turn The Boost Back Up And Get A Run In With Nitrous. Also Fitting A New RS500 Stage 3 Intercooler And Cryo Gen Spray Bar.

It Should Run Aroud 300ft-lb Torque And 200BHP. So Todays Results Were Not To Bad There What I Expected On A Stock Motor And Lower Boost. The Graph Is Good Though.

You'll Have To Have A Spin In It Some Time.

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by DTORU

Anthony

That explains why the TD looked alot weaker than I was expecting - be interesting to see how the finished item compares :)

Sign in to follow this