• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sussex_gti

Gti-6 Conversion

sussex_gti

Hi,

like most of us, the urge for more power is getting to me. I've got the handling sorted, and the brakes will be done by November. I know everyones going to say i need to search, but its down at the moment.

What i'd like to know is, what exactly do i need? I'm not going to rush the conversion, but would like to gather everything i need, to almost do a 'plug and play' conversion. This is an everyday driver for me, so want to get all i need, take a week off work and do it.

So, if someone wouldnt mind, a complete list of all i'm going to need would be great. What do you need with regards to clutch/flywheel? I'm keeping my 1.9 box, as its in great shape. Can i use my existing magnex manifold? I'm going to order the BBM hose kit soon, would this work ok with the gti-6?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Edited by sussex_gti

TurboSam

best thing to do would be to buy a GTi-6 donor car, this is what I did and it made it a whole lot easier, as I had pretty much everything needed..

to use the 1.9 box, get an mi16 clutch kit, which will bolt straight to the gti6 flywheel, and then bolt on the 1.9 box as normal

sussex_gti

Cheers man, Mind if i pm you, ask a few questions?

TurboSam

go for it :)

Spiky

mi16 cluctch 1.9 205 gearbox fits then

unlocked ecu

the engine loom for the 306, then mated to the 205 loom

you need to fabricate some water hoses

i've cut the rubber off my drivers side engine mount and dropped the engine and extened the bottom rear mount 10mm then engine fits and dont touch ANYWHERE

cut and re weld 205 exhaust and fitting a lambda boss (mine may 176bhp with std exhaust)

reno 19 16v oil filter as it's smaller

with the alternator, thats up to you, i've used a 1.9 8v one and mi16 brackets, and thats done :ph34r:, some use the gti6 one

Sign in to follow this