• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Rolling Road Figures

TaffyTim

My Mi16 is now run in and I have finally got around to giving it an oil change, so i got it on a set of rollers with the guys from the Nissan Primera Owners Club today.

I was expecting a little better results especially in the torque department which produced 138lb/ft. The ponies came in at 162bhp at 6306rpm so im not too disappointed with that.

TimsPowerRun.jpg

(my sig has my engine spec).

The rollers did seem accurate as there were a mixture of happy and disappointed Primera owners. Should I have expected any more out of the engine?

Iain at Power Dynamics did suggest a set of Vernier Pulleys to be fitted to try and bring the peak of the power curve down the rev range. Is this good advice?

Edited by TaffyTim

Sandy

Standard inlet I take it?

TaffyTim
Standard inlet I take it?

Yeah, standard inlet and its using a mi16 loom

Stu

Is that a wheel or flywheel figure bud?

TaffyTim

thats the flywheel figure, the wheel was showing 134

CaptainK

Out of interest, what *should* a 1993 1.9 GTi be roughly running - BHP and torque at the wheels? Last time I checked mine it was running 88bhp at the wheels and about 115lbs/ft. Its just that I don't think its running right.....

TaffyTim

Yeah they are very similar kris. The torque curves both alter at the 4000ish revs. The lack of curve in the bhp results are the same too :unsure: Except yours keeps going where mine drops off. What spec is your engine?

KRISKARRERA

My engine is standard, apart from a Miles special rebuild a few years ago.

TaffyTim
My engine is standard, apart from a Miles special rebuild a few years ago.

Nice, you've gotta be happy with that result :P

Sign in to follow this