• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Hinge Dilema

Pob

i all,

I've got a problem with the hinges on my '88 205 (Split pin style) The hinge pins and hinges were worn so I got the newer style hinges and new pins from the ph2 style hinges.

I removed the passenger side door, removed the top hinge and with the aid of an angle grinder removed the hinge and the pin knocked out. The problem is with the bottom hinge. The hinge pin had snapped and the previous owner decided the best method of repair was to stick a screw in the snapped half of the pin and leave it like that.

I removed the screw leaving the remainder of the snapped pin in place. The snapped pin is stuck in the hinge, I carn't knock the pin out. I've tried WD40, Silkopen, blow torch, griding the pin out and try folding it in and drilling it. The problem is I carnt get the drill straight due to the hinge above it.

Is there anything else I can try? I think its going to need to be drilled out, Is it 6mm?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Sign in to follow this