• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Approximate Cost For Throttle Bodies Conversion?

Veero

What would a ballpark figure be for changing my Mi16 from standard inlet and management to something like running it on twin Webers and an aftermarket ECU be roughly?

I'm just curious as my 205 is going off the road for a bit (again) when I pick up a 306 HDi tomorrow but this time I will have access to it to work on the 205 and can do it in my own time over the winter ready for next Spring.

So just wondering if someone could outline the main costs involved, if so that would be great.

Also what are the differences between twin carbs and throttle bodies? I am a complete noob at this much so don't want to go off on the wrong direction when there may be a better/different option.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Veero :)

danpug

Best thing you can do is speak to sandy about this. Him and colin satchell produce their own bodies/manifolds and you are only 70-80 miles ish away from him so he could probably do you a good price including fitting and mapping.

Sandy

I depnds on what components you use or who does it etc, but as a rough guide (inc VAT):

Jenvey TBs/Manifold/trumpets/TPS etc ~£850

or

Colin Satchell's TBs/ manifold/trumpets/TPS etc ~£600 (allows more tract length in the car than Jenvey set up)

then:

ECU £550 upwards for most programmables

Loom around £300-400 depending on type

Air filter ~£100

Coilpack and leads £70 new or less secondhand obviously

You can use your existing crank sensor and water temp, but an air temp sensor is needed ~£10

Bigger injectors secondhand are fine, GTi6 ones work very well up to around 235bhp

Installation wise it's hard to generalise, but mapping will set you back around £250-400 depnding on who you use. My strong advice on ECU choice, is to go with whatever the mapper prefers, unless it's one of the limited access types that restricts you to "dealers".

Edited by sandy309

28CRAIG

Sandy's bodies are a very good choice if you are looking at buying new or you can get some bargains if you have patients to wait for them i managed to get my solex direct to head bodies with trumpets, tps, coil pack, leads, saab turbo & 406 turbo injectors for £120 + a longman inlet manifold some pics HERE

M_R_205

iv been speaking to emerald about a set for my mi16 all nicely mapable, he gave me a word document you can have a look at if you like may be of some use..

Edited by M_R_205

Bonzai

i got as much as i could for mine 2nd hand but i can still calculate £1400 of stuff and thats only the big bits B)

Its bloody good fun though :o

Sandy

Craig, you got lucky!! A bit like I did with the BTCC bodies for my Honda engine! You can sometimes do it for less if you get the right bits and don't hit any snags, but some corners aren't worth cutting, especially if you want to get the best from it.

Veero

Cheers guys. Hmm a little more than previously budgeted but Im sure I can figure something out. Time is on my side and I should have plenty of space to work on the car as and when if I do this over a few months for example.

Watch this space... ;)

Bonzai

somone posted up details the other day of a complete kit from emerald, would be worth having a look at maybe

Sign in to follow this