• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Bilstein Struts

brianthemagical

as above, are the oe bilstien (£35) struts from ecp the same as bilstein b4 gas struts, which are around £55 on performance sites? any other recomendationson struts as i needto buy some asap? thanks for the help.

i'm only asking as i need them asap and the search isn't working.

Edited by brianthemagical

Emmy Seize

Difficult to tell as the ECP site doesn´t state if those are oil- or gas-filled.

Best give them a call and ask.

Their descriptions for parts applications are crap anyway, so yout better ask for the Bilstein partnumbers.

One of my ex-colleagues works for Bilstein and he told me that the B2 version (oil filled) is no longer available for the 205 GTI.

So unless ECP are selling very old stocks, you should get B4 eg gas filled dampers.

Part numbers are VNE-4104 and VNE-4105

Appart from Bilstein I tried Sachs touring, which are just as good.

Boge are ok as well but give you a harsh ride over bumps and pottholes.

brianthemagical

thanks very much for the help. i've just calledecp and they can do b6-gas at ~£150, but he couldn't find any reference to b4's and the oe items didn't say anything more than oe. slightly confusing. the rears on the performace site i found sre the same price as ecp. has anyone had ecp bilstien front struts who can say if they are gas or oil please? i tried to look on the bilstein w/s but all i could find in english was b6's. are pug oe gas or oil? sorry for all the basic q's but as the search is down at mo there's nowt else i can do. thanks again for the help.

Edited by brianthemagical

Miles

Emmy is spot on, They are listed in the current book 07&08

brianthemagical
Emmy is spot on, They are listed in the current book 07&08

so ecp sell the b4's? or is he right about the b2's being discontiued? thanks for the help.

Emmy Seize
so ecp sell the b4's? or is he right about the b2's being discontiued? thanks for the help.

It´s logical, captain !

If I´m right about the B2s being discontinued (and I am), then all ECP can sell are Bilstein B4s.

Anyway I would rather go to one of their outlets and have a look (parts applications in their online catalogue are wrong, remember) at the dampers.

rescue dude

About two years ago i bought and fitted a Sprintline kit to my 205.

I've discovered recently that the rear shocks are doing less than nothing, so would you guys recommend replacing them with the B4 shocks?

I do the occasional sprint/ hillclimb so not too bothered about being too hard for road use.

tom_m
About two years ago i bought and fitted a Sprintline kit to my 205.

I've discovered recently that the rear shocks are doing less than nothing, so would you guys recommend replacing them with the B4 shocks?

I do the occasional sprint/ hillclimb so not too bothered about being too hard for road use.

can't go wrong with a set of bilstein tarmacs on the rear of a 205 if you can get them :)

brianthemagical

thanks for the help, i jst wanted to make sure as i don't have time to send them back. thanks again.

welshpug

how much are they?? and what spec are they? i.e comparable to what used to be called Sprintline? or closer to the PTS stuff (not the coilovers...)

brianthemagical

thereabout £40-45 from most places. there suposed to be oe.

rescue dude

I'm buggered if i can find anyone who sells Bilstein B4's for the back of a 205.

Especially for £40-£45.

brianthemagical

ecp sell bilstien rear dampers. we have been informed that there not b2 so logically there b4. there not £40-45 though as this topic is about front struts. i have ordered the struts so will report bck on the gas or oil ness of them. thanks agian for all the help.

rescue dude

ECP do indeed sell Bilstein rear shocks. Thanks.

welshpug

Does anyone know if Bilstein to any sport shocks for 405's?

Emmy Seize
Does anyone know if Bilstein to any sport shocks for 405's?

They do. B4s are VNE-4568 front and BNE-2936 rear.

welshpug
They do. B4s are VNE-4568 front and BNE-2936 rear.

ok, am I right in that they're the black ones?

I wonder if I can get the B6 (yellow?) for it :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this