• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason1446

1.6 And 1.9 Distributor

Guest Jason1446

I have talked to several people and some say they are, and some say that the 1.9 has a slightly longer shaft.

I have put a 16v into a 1.6 205 and will be using the 8v wiring for the time being, it’s been set up using the 1.6 distributor and a spacer but has broken 2 rotor arms before it even gone on the road. Has any body here had this problem or any thing like it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it if needs be.

Cheers…

Guest Jason1446

I forgot to ask the question, Are they the same or is the 1.9 longer?

Thanks

DamirGTI

Hi !

I have 1.9 8v dizzy (last numbers - 066) and some strange Citroen BX 1.6 dizzy (last numbers - 617)

And they are the same shape nothing different between them from outside they fit on both 1.9 and 1.6 engines no probs. :D (but they have different advance curve which is very important..)

Cheers ! :)

Damir

pug_ham

I've just measured a 1.6 & a 1.9 dizzy, they are the same length from end to end of the driveshaft at a shade over 91mm.

Graham.

Guest Jason1446

Thanks for that, I think its the different advance curve that might be making the difference.

Will try and report back when I have some news..

Regards

Jason...

Sign in to follow this