• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

Clio Wiper On A 205

pete1986

Fitted a rear clio wiper arm today that i picked up at the scrappy. Problem is that it will only wipe the bottom half of the window :( I tried putting the blade from the 205 wiper on but it was worse.

How have other paople done theirs? Do i need the base of the clio wiper aswell?

Baz

What do you mean the base? I've had a couple of 205's with clio rear wipers, worked fine!

pete1986

i mean the bit poking out of the tailgate where the arm attaches to. At the moment only half of the wiper touches the window!?

tom_m

like this?

DSC00019.jpg

works fine on mine :(

cybernck

^ there are two versions, an early chunky squareish one and a late sleeker and more stylish one like yours.

mine was an early one and didn't seem eager to wipe the window properly in the middle part of the wiper.

GLPoomobile

I never had any problems with the later smooth version pictured above. The earlier chunky ones look gash anyway! Bin it!

tom_m
^ there are two versions, an early chunky squareish one and a late sleeker and more stylish one like yours.

mine was an early one and didn't seem eager to wipe the window properly in the middle part of the wiper.

i didn't see the point of changing an ugly wiper for an ugly wiper. this mod is definatley a form over function one tho. the smooth wiper is a good couple of inches (5cm) shorter than the OE 205 wiper and doesn't give as clear a rear view in the wet

Baz

I've had the early chunkier ones without problems too though! :D

Jrod

Rubber grommet looks the best. :D

GLPoomobile

I've noticed some other cars with wipers very similar to the late Clio one. One that springs to mind is the Vauxhal Zafira. I'm sure it must be a bit longer so would probably give the benefit of actual functionality as well as the smooth look.

Sign in to follow this