• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Strut Top Position

bren_1.3

just a quick one. how far inwards would i have to drill new stud holes for the strut tops to gain 1 degree of negative camber? im sure it was 15mm but could someone confirm. i cant find a topic about it either as i think it was mentioned off hand.....

tom_m
just a quick one. how far inwards would i have to drill new stud holes for the strut tops to gain 1 degree of negative camber? im sure it was 15mm but could someone confirm. i cant find a topic about it either as i think it was mentioned off hand.....

won't the spring pans foul on the body work with that much different in top mount position?

taylorspug

From what i remember id worked it out at about 15mm, i think... But there would have been issues with clearance.

bren_1.3
won't the spring pans foul on the body work with that much different in top mount position?

im not sure there would be an issue with the bottom spring pans, im using bilstein coilovers. but im using a O.E style, modified, rose jointed top mount (mouthful) with no adjustment for caster/camber.

From what i remember id worked it out at about 15mm, i think... But there would have been issues with clearance.

7.5mm for half a degree might be worth a look into, or as much as i can sensibly get away with. thanks all.

Sign in to follow this