• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

1.6 8v Loom Removal

ross009

just started taking the loom out for my new engine to go to. its all out the engine bay now ecu etc is out i've fed the wires through the bulk head and i've disconnected the 2 brown multi plugs, but theres still loads of wires taped to the ones from the brown multi plugs. did i have to follow all these back to the fuse box? i didnt really want to take my complete dash out. thought once the 2 brown multi plugs were disconnected the loom would be free from the car?

any pointers would be a great help? cheers

welshpug

you have to loosen the dash mountings and pull the rest of the loom out from over the steering column.

ross009

tks mate!

Miles

No need to remove the dash if your just changing the engine loom, Are assume your going 16v or Turbo with it

The ECU loom goes over the steering coloum and the ECU Brack which mounts thru the dash board but you can cut the wires to remove it.

ross009

oh right i see because i have the big plug off the ecu and the ecu is out. should the other bunch of wires that carry on up just go round over the top of the steering column? someones making a loom so wasnt sure what i could cut as im not sure what will need reconnecting? im really rubbish when it comes to wiring!! i suppose if i cut them further down i could always reconnect them all if needed? im putting a xsi engine in out of a 306.

pug_ham

TBH its not that much of a job to get the loom out complete, four bolts iirc hold the dash in on the drivers side & once they are undone the dash will lift high enough to get the loom out so cutting isn't really needed imo.

There are either one or two bnuts under the scuttle panel, one behind the airvent & one in the centre under the small triangle above the coin tray.

If ou are unsure where to cut then imo its best not to.

Graham.

ross009
TBH its not that much of a job to get the loom out complete, four bolts iirc hold the dash in on the drivers side & once they are undone the dash will lift high enough to get the loom out so cutting isn't really needed imo.

There are either one or two bnuts under the scuttle panel, one behind the airvent & one in the centre under the small triangle above the coin tray.

If ou are unsure where to cut then imo its best not to.

Graham.

ok cheers mate will have another look next wkend and do it properly!

Sign in to follow this